“Dare to Dream” Academic Scholarships
70% of foster youth want to attend college, sadly only 3% actually make it. Sadly, of those who make it to college, less than 1% actually graduate with a degree. Foster A Dream is very committed to supporting foster youth who are pursuing their higher education dreams. We launched our “Dare to Dream” Scholarship Program in 2006 and thanks to our sponsors, we have awarded over $170,000 in academic scholarships to over 80 youth. Past scholars have been able to attend UC Berkeley, Diablo Valley College, Clark Atlanta University, UCLA, Solano Community College, City College of San Francisco, Yale University, Whittier College, Oregon State University, and more.
Sponsor a scholarship, and enhance the academic journey for foster youth:
- Interested supporters can make a charitable donation starting at $500.
- 100% of the donation goes toward the selected scholarship recipient.
- The “Dare to Dream” Review Committee reads all the applications and scores based on the areas of focus. Top scored applicants are awarded a scholarship.
- Foster A Dream does NOT give the scholarship funds directly to the scholars. Instead, we carefully manage the scholarship and disburse the funds directly to the college.
- If you are interested in becoming a “Dare to Dream” Scholarship Sponsor, please click here to review the “Dare to Dream” Sponsorship documents or contact us, we’d love to discuss this rewarding opportunity with you.
How to apply for a “Dare to Dream” Scholarship:
- Click here to download the 2014 “Dare to Dream” Scholarship Application
- Completed applications are due by April 8th.
- Contact Tamara Earl our Program Director to learn more about the scholarship program or to receive assistance with your application.
- See page one of the application for all eligibility criteria and required documentation.
- Scholarships are awarded at our annual agency event in May. More details to come.